Sunday, February 10, 2013

Liam: 5 yrs. 2 mo.

So my last update for Liam was right before Christmas.  He had a great Christmas, and we all enjoyed some time off at home together.  Last month we went to Parent/Teacher conference.  Liam is doing really well in school.  His teacher, Miss Kathleen, was talking about how the kids are learning to blend sounds together to read words.  They have a reading program at school where they send home books to read.  It is meant to encourage parents to read with their kids every day.  We assumed that all the kids in his class were reading the books sent home, but I guess not all of them are.  He's been reading for a year now, so that made us pretty proud of him.  

Liam lost his FIRST tooth.  It started to get lose on Christmas Eve, and I joked that Santa and the tooth fairy would have to come in the same night.  But, it was just barley lose, and he was way too scared to let mom or dad try to pull it out.  Then Friday it was bent out, but he still was too scared to let anyone touch it, but we knew it was on its way out.  He spent the day wiggling it.  By afternoon, I drifted off on the couch while he was playing.  All of a sudden he woke me up shouting my tooth came out. I thought for sure we would have to pull it, and was a bit bummed since I was going to take a video...but, oh well, he did it on his own, and that is pretty grown up for his first tooth. We really didn't expect it to come out just after he turned 5! Both me and Mike were at least 6.  That night Liam asked me if the tooth fairy would know if he's asleep if the lights were on. I told him she would because she would hear him snoring.  He started to go back to his room, then came back and told me 'I don't snore'.  We thought that was pretty funny. 

We have noticed lately that Liam is absorbing more information around him, even if it isn't directed at him.  Mike and I have been working out the last couple of months, and I guess I mentioned to Mike how much weight I lost, because yesterday when I told the kids I lost another pound, Liam says 'So you lost 11 lbs?'  I didn't realize he heard me tell Mike, and I asked him how he knew that?  He then said to me 'I know things'...which we thought was pretty funny!   
So not much else has been going on the last couple of months, the kids, especially Liam, are very excited for Winter to be over so we can do fun stuff outside.  He really misses riding his bike and just running around outside!  And now that I am in a lot better shape, I'm pretty excited to get a new bike and ride with him too this Summer!

comment by mom/grandma on 02/09/2013
Liam is such a great kid. He and Daniel had a blast riding bikes Thursday, and it was perfect because he was really missing his cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment