Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Rowan: 3 yrs. 9 mo.

Rowan has been doing really well in her new school.  She really loves going to her dance class too!  It has been a great relief to have both their schools closer to home.  They both were going to Kids Village for the last couple of weeks in August, and the commute every day was exhausting.  We will miss KV because it was a great school, and the teachers were always so nice, but since I am not working nearby it just wasn't convenient anymore.  KV was nice in that it had many different classes; music, art, science, and cooking...but I think that it did take away from some of the core learning time.  Her new school has one teacher, which so far I think is nice.  I think we will get better feedback on her progress...Before when they had teacher conference at KV, we had to talk to 5 different teachers, and their feedback was so general, and not very specific. We have already had a progress report sent home just after 3 weeks at her new school!  Also before school started they did individual assessments for all the kids, which I thought was good too.  The teacher told me when it was over that Rowan was where the kids will be at the end of the school year.  So she may be a little ahead knowing all her letters and sounds, but I do think the handwriting practice will still be helpful...also she needs some work on her numbers.  She comes home talking about what she learned, which neither kid really did at KV.  So I thought of a few of the words she says that is so cute: Pack-Kack for Back-Pack, she still says Lellow for Yellow, Chick Balls for Chick Peas, Yorget for Yogurt...I know there are more, so I still need to pay attention and write them down as I hear them.

comment by mom/grandma on 09/19/2013
She is such a cutie! She seems pretty excited about her dance class. So much fun, I bet she is a cute dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment