Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mother's Day Gifts...

So we went to my brother and sister-in-laws home on Saturday night for a mother's day dinner. My mom and dad were there and we had a BBQ. Toward the end of the evening, I gave my mom her gifts. One was a baby themed pewter frame with each of our 3 dogs in the slots. My mom liked the pictures, but said she wanted a picture of us. I told her that she could replace the pictures in January. She wasn't sure what I meant, so I handed her the 2nd gift, the bib with "I Love My Grandma" on it. It took her a minute, but then she got so excited. I think she was so surprised, she almost didn't believe it was real. My dad was a little more reserved about it. I think he doesn't want to get too excited until after the first trimester. He and my mom had several painful miscarriages, so I can understand.  

Then last night we went by Mike's family's home to give his mother her gifts. His dad was away, but we decided to do it anyway. First the frame...she LOVED the pictures of the dogs, and got teary about it...We both thought, well if she likes it that much, she will be even more happy about the rest of the "gift". So then he handed the bib to her. She liked it and said, "well we can use this someday". And Mike said, how about in January? She was elated, jumping up and down, and VERY excited of our news.

Both mother's thought it was the best Mother's Day Gift ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment