Friday, March 7, 2008

Liam is 13 Weeks

He also is 3 months old today!  I just finished my first week of work.  It was pretty stressful and tiring, but all in all I think it went OK.  I know there are a few kinks to work out, but I think if we get into a routine, we’ll both get used to it.  This week we got up at 5 am, and we were out the door between 6 and 6:30.  I take him to work with me until business hours, which is around 8am.  Most of the people that work there come in even later, so as long as I’m getting my work done, it shouldn’t be an issue for anyone…hopefully!  That extra time with him in the morning does make working a little easier for me.  I am very grateful that I have a job where I can do that, and that also has flexible hours that I can work around.  I would say I spent the first weeks and probably the 2nd weeks wages to purchase items that will make working a little easier on me. 

  1. The Freestyle Medela breast pump. (Seen here: www.medelafreestyle.com) This pump is brand spankin new in Feb. 08.  It is very small, and weighs less than a pound.  The cool thing about this pump is that it has a rechargeable battery, which means you can pump anywhere!  You don’t have to find a plug. The other cool feature about it is it is hands free, which means it has some weird contraptions to hook to it, so you don’t have to hold it, you can do stuff around the house, like check e-mail, read a book, etc.  This purchase came late in the week, so I’ve only used it a few times at home.  So we will see this next week how well it works.
  2. The other big purchase item that I ordered was a large sterilizer.  The first night I came home, I realized just how much stuff needed to be cleaned.  We have a small bottle warmer that also sterilizes things.  It works great when I’m at home and can clean and sterilize right there, but when you have been gone all day, the amount of stuff just piles up.  This item will hopefully be coming early next week.  In the meantime we ended up just boiling it all at once in a large pot.
  3. I ended up getting another small bottle warmer/sterilizer to keep at work, so I can sterilize the pumping equipment in between pumping.
 Anyway, as for LT (Liam Thomas), he is such a trooper.  This week hardly fazed him.  He continues to grow, and get more adorable by the minute.  I was able to weigh him on a home scale, and I’m not sure how accurate it is, but he weighed 13.5 pounds!!  He loves to be read to, and is very attentive of the pictures as we read to him. We got him 3 new puzzle books this week, one for the alphabet, one for numbers and one for shapes.  Music is very important to his dad, so I have been playing the Ipod more in the car, and at home.  This week he is starting to follow objects more, another milestone for his age.  By the way, at the start of this week, we were fortunate to have had the opportunity to be invited to our sis-in-laws family’s house where they have all the equipment to take professional pictures.  He was very good, and just hammed it up in front of the camera.  We got some really adorable pictures that you should check out!  We just are constantly amazed at this little person that we made, and we look forward to getting to know him even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment