Friday, May 2, 2008

Liam is 21 Weeks

This week I got an e-mail from my HR department saying that I'm approaching my vacation accrual limit, “So please, take some vacation-go spend some time with that beautiful baby of yours! : )” OK, don't have to twist my arm!...so I took my normal Friday off, and Monday too, so I had a 4-day weekend with Liam. It was GREAT! Although, I do have to admit he keeps me on my toes ALL day long, and I end up more tired than going to work. But the extra time with him is soo worth it. He is very close to rolling over this week. He is getting really strong in his Jumparoo, and now that he can reach the floor, he just jumps like crazy. He loves the toys and all the sounds it makes. And he squeals a lot, and laughs a little, when he's playing in it. He still sucks his hands a little, but tends to favor his thumb now. He wants to check out everything in his sight. Usually though after he inspects it, it ends up in his mouth. He finds comfort in his toys, especially the soft ones, as well as his blanket. On Sunday, he was hanging out on dad's lap, and he leaned over and found his feet. He started to inspect them, like they were a new toy. Later in the week, I was changing his diaper, and while I had his feet in the air, he grabbed his feet, it was pretty cute! He just smiles and talks a lot more lately too. Some of the sounds he makes are: “th”, “hey”, “ha”, “hi”, “oh”, “ah”, “eh” “da”, “ma”. One day dad said he heard him 'sing', he made a sound, and each following sound he made was a note higher (like the do- re-mi song). He did it for about 4-5 notes, no breaks between the notes, just a little song for daddy, so cute! His personality just keeps blooming with the spring season, and we are just loving every minute with him!
Click this link below to see it:
Liam in Jumparoo
Liam in Jumparoo
http://vimeo.com/990363

About this video:
"This is around the time that Liam really started to enjoy his Jumparoo. This was taken on May 2nd 2008, he was almost 5 months old."

No comments:

Post a Comment