Monday, August 27, 2007

My Feet Are Killing Me!

So, we spent the weekend moving our bigger stuff with the U-haul. Except for a little sleep, I have been going non-stop for 3 days and my feet and lower back are sooo sore! We spent our first night at the new house on Saturday. It's a bit strange getting used to the new noises around the house. We can hear the freeway in the distance, and also the train. We actually like the sound of the train, and we could hear it at the townhouse, but not quite as much as we can at the new house. I'm sure we'll get used to it soon enough. Last night around midnight I heard this banging noise. At first I thought it was the pipes creaking since we had just run the shower, but then I realized it was coming from outside our bedroom window. Mike had fallen asleep and it didn't seem to bother the dogs at all, but it disturbed me, and my mind was playing tricks on me in the dark. I peeked out the windows, but I couldn't see anything that it could be. I'm hoping I don't hear it again! I think it will take some time for me to adjust to living in a house rather than our townhouse. I felt pretty safe at the townhouse. The structure felt like a fortress. It had 3 levels above ground, with very little access points on the ground level. In the new house, there are many access points through the basement and the ground level, leaving me feeling more vulnerable to intruders. Although one comfort I do have is our killer dog Gretchen...she would probably die protecting us...which does make me feel safer, but since she's never had to in the past, I really don't know how it would end up?! She just might wuss out on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment